Thursday 5 June 2014

Got there in the end!!!

In completing this degree course I have been through a remarkable journey. It has been a long process due to many of lifes obstacles but I am happy to say that I have finally completed what I set out to do. Not only have I learned so much about my subject matter but it has been an incredible journey of self discovery. I feel incredibly empowered as an artist and an actress. I have identified my flaws and strengths and have left this course wanting to continue with my inquiry and get the help that I need to support me through this as an academic. I aim to one day create a short film interviewing Black actresses from varied backgrounds and focusing on ways to create more work for ourselves in the industry and take note of what actors of colour are doing in America to make a living out of the profession. It has been a long hard process completing this inquiry and the skills and tools that I’ve acquired have been invaluable. I now feel a responsibility to move forward in my inquiry and educate others, to make it easier for actors in my position and to raise awareness to influential people in the Industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment